The change in ownership is the new owners responsibility, which has to be report within 30 days of the purchase date.
The quickest and cheapest way for updating a Horse Passport Agency passport is to submit the application online. You will not then need to post the passport to us. Please follow the instructions below:
1) Please visit our website www.horsepassportagency.co.uk and click on the Owner Services menu option.
If you have registered a horse with us already it's quite possible we have already created an account for you using those details. Try entering your email into the Forgotten password? option.
If you don't already have an account you will need to create one. Your email will become your username and you will need to create a memorable password.
2) Once logged in you will see a section called My Details which will show your name and address (please check these details are correct before continuing).
3) Scroll down the screen to My Animals and click on the Register Ownership. You will need to have the passport with you to answer the Three security questions
a) Life Number (this is 15 digits and will need to start with either 826069 or 372069)
b) Animal Name (as printed on the passport)
c) The date of the last ownership printed in the passport.
4) You will then be asked to provide the date you took ownership of the animal and declare that you are the legal owner.
5) If you want to change the animals name on the passport you can do this now for an additional fee.
6) Once you have paid we aim to post your receipt label to you within 3 working days. This will arrive as part of a letter containing instructions detailing where to insert the receipt label. It is important that you follow these instructions so you can show that you have registered your ownership.
7) Once registered as the owner you will have access to carry out other updates online via the My Animals section.